I’m already an EMT/Medic why would I consider Florida?
Most people move to Florida because of the beautiful weather, the water-surrounded peninsula and the low cost of living. But here are a few facts you might not know about this sunshine state:
- Did you know that there is NO STATE INCOME TAX for Florida residents?
- You can play golf, tennis, fish, kayak, walk, bike or garden almost 365 days a year. There are no shoveling driveways, snow days, or blizzards to contend with.
- Florida has 663 miles of beaches -- and hundreds of lakes stocked with a variety of delicious fish.
- The amusement parks in Florida are the BEST in the world. Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and that's just the beginning of the list.
All of these parks are centrally located in the middle of the state.
- Cruising is a snap in Florida with a variety of convenient ports to choose from.
Plus, the cost of living in Florida is much less than in northern states. So, if the palm trees and crystal blue waters are calling you, too, Florida has easy reciprocity with your current NREMT certification.
For more information or to apply for a license, get started at
Some resources to help you in your move.
Additional resource links to help those moving to Florida
State by state cost of living calculator
Costs to register your car in Florida and to have your license changed
Links to some theme parks