This posting has been closed.
Crew Service Technician
The Crew Service Technician’s primary responsibility is to monitor and perform the tasks involving the distribution and retrieval of ambulance supplies and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, inspects, conducts inventory, and delivers/issues supplies and equipment.
- Make and maintain an ample inventory of “Lean Truck” bags for Jax Ambulances.
- Maintains applicable electronic and/or paper equipment/supply tracking systems.
- Issues and retrieves sealed controlled substances containers.
- Controls, issues, logs, receives, and secures controlled substances.
- Assists in facilitating preventive maintenance on vehicles.
- Performs State and Drug Box Inventories as directed.
- Documents and tracks issuance or status of vehicles, Specialty Care Transport equipment, and supplies.
- Stocks and monitors the Riverside Station (building 6) supplies; fills supply orders as needed.
- Clean and maintain the Riverside Station (building 6) Common and CST areas.
- Assists non-medical and EMS crews with lift assists as needed.
- Fills in for call outs as a driver for non-medical and/or ALS/ BLS ambulance as needed.
- Performs minor building maintenance as needed, i.e., changing light bulbs, repair toilets, etc
- Answers email of missing paperwork -Check units for missing dex and email group with findings.
- Documents, hands out, and receives petty cash as needed.
- Retrieve and issue money bags to/from the safe to/from drivers daily.
- Follow process to log cash/checks in to go to HQ daily.
- Locking and Unlocking of Gates daily.
- Accurately complete and turn in all assigned CST daily and shift check offs
- All other duties assigned by Operations Manager or supervisor.
- High-School diploma or equivalent
- Detail oriented and keep accurate records
- Must be adaptable and have good judgment skills with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Any combination of medical, safety, and/or logistics education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred.
- Successfully pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a clean DMV record
- Working knowledge of workplace safety rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers, their friends and family, and your coworkers
- Must maintain first aid and CPR certifications
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 4 hours per day
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day
- Stand - frequently, up to 8 hours per day
- Sit - infrequently, up to 2 hours per day
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry:
- 150 lbs. frequently (8-16 times per shift)
- Must have the ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 lbs.
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an indoor/outdoor environment
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Utilize fine motor coordination, clear speech, and good visual acuity.
This posting has been closed.