The City of Gulfport, Florida is currently hiring for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Florida State Certified Paramedic.
- State of Florida Certificate of Compliance Firefighter Standards I & II
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR, PHTLS, ACLS Certification
- CPAT or P.A.T certification required. If necessary a P.A.T. can be scheduled with the department.
- Ability to pass background investigation, including polygraph, psychological & physical examinations w/drug screening.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base Pay: The annual salary for a first year Firefighter/Paramedic is $49,348.47, this does not include incentives, holiday pay, worked overtime, etc. The city has an established step plan in place with a pay range of $49,348.47 - $79,188.92 annually.
- The City of Gulfport provides additional compensation/benefits in the form of:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays / Personal Days
- Certification Incentive Pay
- Education Incentive Pay
- Annual Physicals
- Life Insurance/LTD
- Employee Healthcare: 100% paid employee health insurance.
- Retirement: An excellent retirement plan is provided through the Gulfport Firefighters Retirement Pension that includes a 5 year DROP. The employee contributes 5% of wages.
- Education: The City of Gulfport values education, and provides tuition reimbursement for up to 4 college level classes per year.
To apply, please complete the City of Gulfport employment application which can be found on our website https://mygulfport.us/human-resources/
You may submit the application to the City of Gulfport: 2401 53rd St. South, Gulfport, FL 33707 or email completed application to: email@example.com
This listing is open until position is filled.
City of Gulfport is an Equal Opportunity Employer